London Tenants Federation (LTF) is one of fifteen organisations to have been offered a place on the Mayor’s new London Housing Panel.
The Panel will be chaired by Raji Hunjan, CEO of the Zacchaeus 2000 Trust and brings together voluntary and community organisations to discuss and help inform London-wide housing policy.
This is positive news for LTF and our members, as we have been campaigning for the Mayor to establish a forum to bring together the grassroots knowledge and experience of social and private tenants, homeless, equalities and other groups to engage in informing the development and monitoring of strategic housing policy in London. LTF has made specific proposals on this in our responses to two recent Mayoral consultations.
We are looking forward to be working with the other organisations on the panel, these being:
- Camden Community Law Centre
- Disability Advice Service Lambeth
- Action on Empty Homes
- Generation Rent
- Homeless Link
- Just for Kids Law (JfKL), including Children’s Rights Alliance for England (CRAE)
- London Federation of Housing Co-operatives
- London Gypsies and Travellers
- Leasehold Knowledge Partnership
- New Horizon Youth Centre
- Solace Women’s Aid
- The Connection at St. Martin-in-the Fields
- Tonic Living