London Tenants Federation has submitted a response to the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities call for evidence on the finances and sustainability of the social housing sector.
Read LTF’s submission here.
LTF’s response contributes to the discussion of the following questions:
- Does the cross-subsidy model, by which market housing helps pay for social and affordable housing, have any continuing viability?
- The Secretary of State has specified that more resources need to be directed towards maintaining and improving the existing stock. How feasible is this for social housing providers?
- The Affordable Homes Programme includes a high proportion of shared ownership properties. To what extent is this form of tenure desirable for potential purchasers and for social housing providers?
- Is the current Departmental policy on social housing and affordable homes appropriately focused?
- Is the current range of grant funding available appropriate to address the issues and challenges that the social housing sector faces?